The changed paragraphs include…
When placing an order your personal information is stored on our server for the purpose of processing the order, contacting the customer related to that order, asking to follow up with a review, and is also passed onto the relevant payment gateway. Card details are only saved when you choose to save them. Your name and email address is sent to our account on MailChimp (with your consent) for abandoned cart messages or if you are signing up to our newsletter.
If you leave a comment/review, the comment/review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments/reviews automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Your contact information that you provide when making a purchase is only used for processing the order you have created and following up to ask for a review.
When you purchase from us, we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We will use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
- To ask for a review.
These changes are in immediate effect.
The full policy can be viewed here…